Friday, March 13, 2009

Seamless Yolk Sweater

Pattern: Seamless Yolk Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann (the pattern can be found in 3 of her books, Knitting Without Tears, Knitting Workshop and Knitting Around)
Yarn: Cascade 220- 100% Peruvian Highland Wool, Worsted/ 10ply, 6 skeins (3 black, 1 Tibetan Rose, 1 Summer Sky Heather, 1 Bronzed Green)
Needles: 4.0mm (US 6) and 5.0mm (US 8)


I love reading Elizabeth Zimmermann books, her style of writing is so easy going, I love how she puts the reader in charge of the design, giving suggestions rather than instructions. I have been keen to make this sweater for a long time. It was such a quick knit, less than a month to make, and I'm very happy with the end result. The only thing I would do differently next time is to make it a little bigger, its very fitting, not good for multiple layers, but it will make a great Autumn sweater.


No comments: